We’re looking for Senior Experience Designers, Associate Directors and Directors of Experience Design and Strategy .
About the Team
handsome is a holistic experience design agency.
Some of our clients include: FedEx, Keller Williams, Facebook, Home Depot, and Nickelodeon.
We’re a hardworking group of strategists, researchers, designers, and technologists and we take our work seriously.
We’re passionate and rigorous about our human-centered design process and this is the main driver for the success of our work and for our clients choosing us.
We constantly push each other in order to be better skilled in our craft and make the products we build with our clients look and function at a world-class level.
About the Work
As an Experience Designer, your goals are:
- Investigate and understand user needs
- Drive the exploration and articulation of system design and narrative flow that will help the user accomplish specific goals
- Work with multidisciplinary teams to generate insights, design concepts, prototypes, strategies, and stories
- Design and develop detailed wireframes and service blueprints for visual design and engineering implementation.
The artifacts you will be making include:
- Medium to high-fidelity wireframes
- Service blueprints
- Process flows, concept models, and other diagrams
- System maps and app maps
- Usability Test plans and synthesized outputs
- User stories and scenarios
- Research protocols and discussion guides
- Presentations to communicate research findings and design concepts
Some methods and activities you should be comfortable executing are:
- User journeys
- Contextual inquiries
- In-depth interviews
- Usability tests (such as think-aloud testing)
- Crafting and presenting research findings and design concepts
You are a highly collaborative systems thinker who is chomping at the bit to throw yourself into messy problem spaces. Interaction Designer at your core, you are deeply familiar with and can cleverly articulate the value of design and the core components of the design process.
You think in terms of system flow and understand the thought processes of humans as they relate to technology and products.
You help fully understand a problem space and product opportunity in light of the needs of end users. You communicate with words, models, and prototypes with the level of fidelity necessary.
You are comfortable with ambiguity and work to tame the chaos of messy problem spaces.
You have a background in the following fields: Interaction Design, Human Factors, Qualitative/Ethnographic Design Research or Design Thinking.
You can articulate best practices in the form of interaction design heuristics and are familiar with a wide range of interaction design patterns for desktop and mobile applications.
You are comfortable expressing your ideas through sketched wireframes and models as well as thorough and compelling written communication.
Bonus Points for
- Visual UI & Illustration Skills
- Software Prototyping Skills