We are a growing digital experience agency in East Austin working on meaningful innovation projects for some of the world’s most progressive companies.
You will be responsible for the development of digital products and being hands-on with the process of research, testing, development, and prototyping to create valuable artifacts and products.
- We are a digital agency with a focus on designing brands, experiences, and digital products.
- We partner with important companies of all sizes to solve important problems for their users, audiences, and customers.
- We’re a hardworking group of strategists, researchers, designers, and technologists who take our work seriously.
- We’re passionate about the design process and technology. This passion for our craft is the main driver for the success of our work and for our clients choosing us.
- We constantly push each other in order to be better skilled in our craft and make the products we build with our clients look and function at a world class level.
- We are located in our own beautiful building on 6th street, just east of downtown. We’re walking distance to coffee shops, bars, food trucks, restaurants, music venues and downtown living.
About the Work:
- As a UX Designer, your goals are:
- Investigate and understand user needs
- Drive the exploration and articulation of system design and narrative flow that will help the user accomplish specific goals
- Work with multidisciplinary teams to generate insights, design concepts, prototypes, strategies, and stories
- The artifacts you will be making include:
- Research protocols and discussion guides
- Service blueprints
- Process flows, concept models, and other diagrams
- System maps and app maps
- Low to medium fidelity wireframes
- User stories and scenarios
- Presentations to communicate research findings and design concepts
- Some methods and activities you should be comfortable executing are:
- Contextual inquiry
- In-depth interviews
- Usability tests (such as think-aloud testing)
- Crafting and presenting research findings and design concepts
- You’re based in Austin, TX or will be imminently arriving.
- You are a highly collaborative systems thinker who is chomping at the bit to throw yourself into messy problem spaces. Part anthropologist, part interaction designer, you are deeply familiar with and can cleverly articulate the value of design and the core components of the design process.
- You think in terms of system flow and understand the thought processes of humans as they relate to technology and products.
- You help fully understand a problem space and product opportunity in light of the needs of end users. You communicate with words, models, and prototypes of varying fidelity.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and work to tame the chaos of messy problem spaces.
- You have a background in one or more of the following fields: Interaction Design, Human Factors, Qualitative/Ethnographic Design Research.
- You can articulate best practices in the form of interaction design heuristics and are familiar with a wide range of interaction design patterns for desktop and mobile applications.
- You are comfortable expressing your ideas through sketched wireframes and models as well as thorough and compelling written communication.
- You have a good attitude, even when projects do not turn out exactly the way you’d like.
- You are a great listener and ask clarifying questions before offering a solution or opinion.
- You are willing to admit when you do not have the answer to something.
- You are excellent at respectfully disagreeing with team members and clients, in a way that makes them love and appreciate you even more.
Bonus Points for:
- Visual UI & Illustration Skills
Benefits and Perks:
- Fun, creative East Austin Studio
- Fully paid employee health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance benefits
- Flexible paid time off
- Awesome quarterly events
Although all our positions are currently filled, we are always looking for talented candidates. Please send your resume and a link to your portfolio of digital product design work to firstname.lastname@example.org.