Join our team to help our clients achieve success by creating some of the most amazing web experiences in the world.
- Handsome is a design & innovation company.
- We focus on creating brands, services, and products that impact users across a holistic, technology-empowered journey.
- We’re independently owned and headquartered in Austin, Texas with a team comprised of strategists, designers, and technologists.
- Our client partnerships include FedEx, Keller Williams, Facebook, Home Depot, and Nickelodeon.
- We’re passionate and rigorous about our human-centered design approach, which we attribute as the main driver for the success of our work and why our clients choose us from our competitors.
- We emphasize and strive for the most beautiful and delightful user experiences in the industry and we’re encouraged every day by our team’s imagination.
- We constantly push each other in order to be better skilled in our craft and make the products we build with our clients look and function at a world-class level.
- Our office is within walking distance to all the trendy restaurants, bars, and downtown living popping up on the East Side of Austin.
- You are a Web Expert who loves creating beautiful, meaningful experiences.
- You are adept at successfully collaborating with design teams to come up with the best combination of creativity and technology for a web product. You love design and are eager to collaborate with designers to build great, award-winning products.
- You are a valuable participant in meetings with a client or designers and can easily articulate technical concepts and ideas to a non-technical audience. Your grandma understands what you do for a living.
- Your analytical and strategic thinking skills allows you to understand and communicate the value and implications of design and technology decisions.
- You are ever mindful of the balance between being a perfectionist and an effective problem solver.
- You bring a hat rack: Not afraid to take on whatever role is necessary for the success of team, the product, and the company.
Your Technical Skills:
- Your front-end UI development skills allow you to create an experience of any complexity. You are an expert in transforming complex motion mockups into working, usable responsive/adaptive web page. You can reference some of the work you see at https://dribbble.com/handsomemade .
- You’re capable of producing the kind of work you see on http://awwwards.com and can prove it.
- Your front-end JS development experience makes you comfortable creating clean and performant frontend-heavy applications using React+Redux, Angular, or alternatives.
- You’ve got comprehensive understanding of modern front-end development practices and use them day-to-day. Things like NPM, yarn, ES6, babel, ESLint, Webpack, pug/Jade, BEM are all part of your world.
- Your semantic code, OpenGraph, accessibility, and SEO best practices are instinctual. Your know what search tools, browsers and other robots like.
- You know and use your testing tools: Jest, mocha, chai, chai-spies or alternatives.
Bonus points for:
- Previous experience working closely with creatives – perhaps in an agency setting.
- Close familiarity with back-end development and server-side scripting: JS (Node), Python, Ruby, or PHP.
- Experience with vanilla WebGL and WebGL frameworks (Three.js), visualization libraries (D3.js), WebVR and other emerging technologies.
- Ability to get a web application up and running on a Linux server from scratch. Which solutions to fire up from AWS to support what you’re trying to build should not leave a confused look on your face.
- Impressive Github profile and good professional reputation in the community.
Benefits and Perks:
- Working with the most Handsome people you’ll ever meet.
- 100% Handsome-paid health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance benefits.
- 401k program after 1 year.
- Flexible paid time off.
Please apply here.