You’ll work hand in hand with our team and clients to help create, design, and build digital experiences.
- Handsome is a design & innovation company located in Austin, TX. Some of our clients include: FedEx, Keller Williams, Facebook, Home Depot, and Nickelodeon.
- We’re based on the east side of Austin, Texas.
- We’re a hardworking group of strategists, researchers, designers, and technologists and we take our work seriously.
- We’re passionate and rigorous about our human-centered design process and this is the main driver for the success of our work and for our clients choosing us.
- We constantly push each other in order to be better skilled in our craft and make the products we build with our clients look and function at a world-class level.
- Our office is walking distance to Brew and Brew, Easy Tiger, Pueblo Viejo, and other restaurants, bars, and downtown living.
About The Work:
- You are the CEO of your projects and programs, given the autonomy to collaborate with your team and exceed your client’s expectations of success.
- You will work closely with client stakeholders to understand their vision and serve as their advocate, ensuring that the team is focused on client business goals.
- You have experience in account management, and will work confidently with clients to help identify strategic roadmaps, understand their ecosystem, and think beyond the project at hand.
- You will be the client’s main point of contact regarding all project related topics.
- You will be responsible for establishing clear lines of communication between client and team and are the single source of truth for all aspects of the project.
- You understand how to structure engagements, and can help craft the strategy and team necessary to solve client problems.
- You have confidence that is backed up by a rich understanding of your craft. You are looked at as a leader by the team, and help clear obstacles to help them deliver their best work.
- You will be ultimately responsible for all of the following for client projects:
- Account Management
- Risk Management
- Identifying Growth Opportunities on Existing Accounts
- Work with the Sales and Marketing teams to:
- Promote and leverage client work to highlight Handsome’s capabilities through case studies and client testimonials.
- Contribute to company thought leadership
- You will support the organization by being involved in the pursuit process, configuring the right teams for new engagements and helping Handsome win new business.
- You’re based in Austin, Texas or plan to be in the near future.
- You have at least 3+ years as a product manager, account manager, producer, or equivalent. You can talk in detail about your adventures creating and shipping products.
- You have a knack for taking complex ideas and explaining them simply and clearly.
- You have experience working in client services, preferably in an agency setting.
- You’re familiar with service blueprints, user testing, and other parts of the design process.
- You’re organized. Super-organized. You LOVE being organized.
- You pay attention to the details and understand how to graciously give feedback.
- You encourage clients to think beyond just ‘building the product’ to make sure strategy, marketing, and launch are as successful as possible.
- You are an empathetic, professional, and charismatic communicator who can speak directly without ego.
- You are comfortable on the phone and in video conferences, running client meetings in person, and meeting with the internal team regularly for check-ins.
- Able to work with geographically disperse teams.
- You can run a project that is skewed somewhere between agile and waterfall. You are willing to make slight adjustments to how you run a project in order to accommodate the client while also maintaining the needs of the company.
- You understand the software development lifecycle and you’re eager to learn more about web, native mobile and the backend that makes all the magic happen.
- You understand the value and are passionate about our industry. You nerd out on tech news and new or interesting digital products coming to market.
- You want to be a part of the Austin community and like to participate in local technology and design events.
- You’re familiar with Jira or other process management tools that help make our jobs easier and more productive.
- “That’s not my job” is not in your vocabulary.
- You’re continuously improving your current skillset and hope to grow your craft. We’re in a rapidly changing business; we’re focused on staying ahead.
Bonus points for:
- Having references from past clients.
- Having former employer references who are still recovering from your departure.
- Being able to discuss a recent project that failed or succeeded, understanding why and how you’ve learned or grown from this experience.
- Having prior agency, design, or development specific experience.
- Certifications such as: PMP, CSPO, and/or CPO
Benefits and Perks:
- Work from our world headquarters, located on east 6th Street in downtown Austin, Texas (near I-35).
- Working with the most Handsome people you’ll ever meet.
- Health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance benefits.
- 401k retirement benefits.
- Flexible paid time off.